The Cancer Working Group consists of representatives from each IeDEA region, as well as program staff from DAIDS and NCI. The working group will facilitate research in the IeDEA regions related to HIV/AIDS malignancies. Cancer related project concepts may be led by anyone within the working group.
- To identify and describe risk factors for HIV related cancers.
- To identify information about cancer progression and the use of ART.
- To focus on expansion of the IeDEA databases though the inclusion of cancer data.
- To conduct analyses required to answer questions related to local, regional or cross regional levels.
- To share the knowledge which IeDEA is uniquely able to gather on large populations who are HIV infected and/or exposed to ARVs.